A brand new series of seminars on how to invest in high-yield airbnb-style properties. Doors open at 2:45pm. the seminar will be held from 3pm to 4pm.
Real Estate Japan Inc. is pleased to present a new series of seminars on why and how to invest in high-yield Airbnb-style properties in Japan.
A record 31.2 million foreign tourists came to Japan in 2018, a year-on-year jump of 8.7%, and the highest number ever recorded. Japan is well on its way to reaching the government’s goal of 40 million inbound tourists by 2020 when Tokyo will host the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
These numbers are forecast to continue increasing even after the Tokyo games, as the government has made it a policy to support inbound tourism to boost local economies and revitalize regional areas being hollowed out by population decline. The interest in Japan as a cultural, shopping, and food destination is booming among tourists from Korea, China, Taiwan, and Southeast Asia, as well as the U.S. and Europe.
Hotels and other short-term rentals are being built and renovated at a frenzied pace. However, the country still faces a major shortage of short-stay rentals, as hotels in many cities are operating at 90% capacity or more.
Then came Airbnb-style accommodations. Japan legalized private-home sharing as of June 15th, 2018. Now, anyone can rent out their home for short-term stays, as long as they follow the rules for operating a minpaku (the Japanese term for home sharing).
How to achieve a 24% yield from Airbnb-style property investment
The main theme for this seminar is how to invest in Airbnb-style properties to achieve much higher than average yields. More specifically, how can you achieve a 24% yield from investing in Airbnb-style rentals, vacation properties and hotels?
In this seminar we will cover the following topics:
- Market overview of the hotel and Airbnb (vacation rental) industries
- Not enough hotels for tourists in Japan
- 30% of tourists use Airbnb-style accommodations
- What will happen after the Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- How to manage Airbnb-style properties
- Pros and cons
- Three must-follow regulations and how to comply with them
- Latest management models for Airbnb
- Self-check in system for Airbnb
- Airbnb rentals vs regular rentals : Revenue and cost simulations
- How to write up a business plan for Airbnb-style investment
- How to figure out which Airbnb-style investment properties can be profitable
- Case studies
- 1: 24%-yield Airbnb-style investment property
- 2: How to make a 50% return on your initial investment in the first year
- 3: How to manage vacancies
- How to become an owner of Airbnb-style investment properties
One important thing to note is that Airbnb-style property investment is only possible if you are an all-cash buyer. Japanese banks are not able to offer loans for this type of investment property because of appraisal issues.
Free No-Obligation Consultations
For a private consultation, please indicate in the form below a few dates and times when you would be available for a meeting following the seminar.
Our partner agent, LINC Inc., is able to offer highly personalized consultation based on your investment objectives.
The seminar will be held in the meeting rooms at Real Estate Japan Inc., which shares offices with GPlus Media Inc. We are located on the 4th floor of the IS Building in Higashi Azabu.
This seminar is brought to you by Real Estate Japan Inc. and our staff will be providing Japanese-English interpretation for presenters and attendees. We look forward to seeing you there!